Healthy Paleo Snacks On The Go
So, about 6 months ago, I started (attempting) to follow the Paleo diet. I actually love eating paleo because I’m a super picky eater…and eating paleo is all about really simple, basic meats & vegetables.
However, the hardest part of eating Paleo is DEFINITELY eating on the go. You don’t realize how many unhealthy food options there are until you’re trying to buy a snack…consisting of meat and vegetables.
Bringing stuff from home is super key to staying Paleo on the go, so here are some quick & easy healthy paleo snacks on the go.
By far one of the easier options, rx bars have super simple ingredients & a good majority of the flavors are paleo.
Plus, they’re cute on your Insta story..
Paleo flavors: Blueberry (my personal fave), Apple Cinnamon, Mixed Berry
♡ hard boiled eggs
Yes, I realize it’s not super chic to carry around hard boiled eggs with you. But I love these because you can just grab 2, put them in a ziplock bag, and bring them with you.
Plus, you can cook them in bulk and peel them before storing them, which makes your life 10X easier.
Don’t know how to make them? Same.
how to make hard boiled eggs for dummies
- Put about 5 eggs in a medium sized pot
- Cover the eggs about 1 inch with cold water
- Put on high heat & sprinkle some salt into the water (this helps w/ peeling the eggs later)
- Bring water to a rolling boil
- Turn off the heat but keep the pot on the burner. Cover. Let sit for 13-17 minutes.
- Take the eggs out, rinse off with cold water, and store them in the fridge.
done & done!
♡ cold rotisserie chicken
So, I’m all about easy, easy, easy when it comes to packing snacks. Like I don’t have 30 minutes to work on making a snack to bring with me.
Here’s your trick…buy a rotisserie chicken at Publix, Whole Foods, or whatever grocery store. The deli/hot bar usually has whole cooked chickens. Then, just shred pieces of the chicken, put them in a ziplock bag, and eat ’em super easily at your desk.
Not glam but effective.
Read 6 Ways for Staying Healthy While Working at a Desk All Day –> here
♡avocado & shrimp salad
Okay, this is the most amazing thing ever. I’ve shared the super quick & simple recipe over on my Insta Stories before and got tons of questions about it.
It does require like 5 min of prep, but if you make enough, it’s honestly a pretty big meal. The OG version is from Skinny Taste, who has TONS of other great recipes. I adapted it a little to fit more my style + taste.
photo + recipe adapted via SkinnyTaste.com / / see it here
- 3-4 handfuls of thawed salad shrimp –> like these here
- 1 handful of pre-chopped red onions (make your life easier)
- Avocado oil –> I like this one here bc it’s a little cheaper than other avo oils, which can get expensive
- 1 avocado
- Season with paprika, chili powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper
- Dethaw your salad shrimp – rinse under hot water and wring out the extra water.
- Pour a tablespoon of avocado oil into a small bowl. Add a handful of red onions to let the onions air out (or something like that…it basically makes the onions taste better). Wait a few minutes.
- Put your salad shrimp in a medium Tupperware –> these are easy to clean + BPA-free here
- Add in the onions & avo oil and mix together
- Season with paprika, chili powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper ( or whatever your fave seasonings are)
- Slice with avocado & put it on top.
Once you have this recipe down, it is SUPER easy to throw together in a few min.
♡ the paleo diet bible
This is the OG paleo book here + it’s what I read to learn about eating paleo. Plus, there’s lots of super simple, short, + tasty recipes. Highly recommend reading this if you’re interested in learning more.
buy it on Amazon for 5 bucks –> here
I’m always sharing my Paleo recipes and snacks on Instagram, so follow me over there if you are interested.
If you guys are interested in hearing more about how I eat paleo & why I like it for MY bod, let me know! Eventually, I’m probably going to do a whole series on what it is and how I got started with it and how I follow Paleo eating for me.