Like I’ve talked about with soo many of you, there’s so much BS in the blogging world on how to build a blog, grow your Instagram, work with brands…and these posts are written by people who have NO clue what they’re talking about. And the “tips” are absolute basics you’ve read 100 times before.
From working in PR in my everyday, and then blogging and sharing that wisdom over here, I was getting the same questions all the time.
“WHAT should I say in this email to a brand? I’m getting free product, how should i ask to turn that into a paid collaboration? How do I start scaling my income for more paid opportunities? What does being “authentic” really mean to PR people looking for bloggers?”
And answering those questions is why I invented Summer Camp.
Why should I invest Summer Camp over anything else?
“I used your email templates and I nailed down over $1200 this month so far! It was something I was struggling with before so I wanted to say thank you!” – Bailey
Slightly Savvy Summer Camp is THE place for bloggers to learn about all working with brands…from the PR insiders who choose influencers for brand collaborations.
We’re the ones searching for bloggers, negotiating with them, and looking at their press kits for brands like Dove, Kitchen Aid, TRESemme, L’Oreal, and Speedo.
“I’m vetting a 50 person list right now, weeding through people who are a fit for an upcoming program. I wish I could help these women understand how to make their content feel more authentic + brand friendly.” – Account + Influencer Relations at Edelman PR
“So many times I’ve wanted to tell bloggers exactly why they weren’t chosen for a campaign and just give them some insider tricks, those little tweaks that take a blogger to the next level.” – Brand Manager at $300M Global Company
“I get really excited when I receive beautiful assets + extras. It makes me want to keep working with the bloggers, pitch their ideas to the clients, and send them free goodies.” – Senior Social Strategy at KitchenAid
Enroll in Camp –> here
- Our invite-only Facebook group where we can all talk, help each other out, + answer questions 1:1
- SO many opportunities to submit YOUR questions – literally ask anything, we don’t judge
- Even submit your blog/Instagram to be used as an example on different days – everybody loves real-life examples
- Videos are pre-recorded and will be online via Teachable platform
- In the Facebook group, we’ll do discussions every day on the specific topics so you can ask us questions in real time
- Post-camp Live Q&A
Camp is online starting August 7 – August 11
Day 1: Using Instagram as a Non-BS Influencer
- How to monetize in a genuine way, not Fit Tummy Tea
- How PR people find you, how you can get found, and the pros + cons of blogger networks
- The algorithm benefits of doing Instagram Live + 10 specific Insta Live content ideas for the main niches (lifestyle, fashion, travel)
- Submit YOUR Instagram problems + we’ll give you specific strategies to test out
Day 2: Knowing Your Worth + Pricing for Micro Influencers
- How to price for collaborations for micro influencers (30k followers or less)
- How to leverage + price for different story ideas, social media platforms, + scale these as your brand grows
- Example: the cost of a sponsored post vs. Instagram post with carousel vs. Instagram Story
- Pros + cons of press kits + how to structure them for PR people
- Submit YOUR specific questions on pricing
- BONUS: pricing worksheet and chart
Day 3: Exactly What Brands + PR Agencies Look for in Bloggers/Influencers
- Breaking down statistics on followers, engagements, page views + what you really need
- Why you were passed over in the past + what makes you get written off immediately
- Guest PR expert who works at Edelman in Account + Influencer relations for brands like Dove, Tresemme, and Speedo, answers what every blogger wants to know on what PR agencies are actually looking for when collaborating
- Submit YOUR questions on working with brands…get into the nitty gritty, please
“Katherine! I used your email templates and I nailed down over $1200 this month so far! It was something I was struggling with before so I wanted to say thank you!” – Bailey
Day 4: Communicating with Brands: The Good, The Bad, + The “Free Exposure”
- How to stop getting paid in product, discount codes, or “free exposure” + why it even happens in the first place
- Why blogger should stop bashing brands, from the PR people reading your tweets
- Negotiating with brands + how to respond to various email scenarios
- Guest PR expert on what makes a dream blogger/influencer, our craziest requests, + horror stories and how influencers can use this info to take their business to the next level
- Submit your email pitch ideas + we’ll give you feedback OR your craziest emails from brands that make you cringe
Day 5: FTC Standards 101
- Exact mock ups of OKAY vs. NOT OKAY sponsored posts, Instagram posts, tweets, etc.
- Why genuineness + authenticity wins in the long game + captures brands’ attention
- 1 end of camp, randomly selected $200 giveaway ( cute swimsuit, pop socket, dream catcher…aka cute stuff you can Instagram)
I wish this summer camp was in person because literally how perfect would that be? An entire Instagrammable week with rosé, midi rings, marble tables…but alas, it’s online. Maybe next summer though ??
Slightly Savvy Summer Camp is $125.
Like with Bailey, she nailed down $1200 in brand collaborations in 1 month…that is literally making almost 10X what she paid for Summer Camp right off the bat.
Enroll in Camp –> here
Hit me up
Questions?? Want to talk through something specific? DM me on Instagram here (I’ll reply faster) or email me at email@example.com
Again, application is here.
4 Insider Secrets on Working with Brand Collaborations –> here
Breaking Down Email Pitches to Brands / / What Works + What Doesn’t –> here
Interview with Social Influencer Agency on Monetizing Instagram, Pinterest Ads, + How They Find Influencers –> here
Your Roadmap + Checklist to Working with Brands –> here